top of page
  • Writer's pictureJeremy Moore

05.10.2020 | Project 3 - Look Development

I've begun the early processes of developing the chameleon's skin texture. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I want to achieve a look in between Pascal and Rango. I set up my Look-Dev plate in Maya and then took my model into Substance Painter to repaint and texture my chameleon.

I noticed that the scale pattern on the face is larger and shallower than the rest of the face, and I also noticed that the scales get smaller on the on the legs and the tail. So I created a mask that separated the head, body, legs, and tail so that I could adjust the size and height of the scales in their respective areas.

As I continue to focus on the scale texture, I will work on adjusting the color pattern and variation to give my chameleon more character.

8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page